Argyranthemum frutescens Vanilla Butterfly® (commonly known as Marguerite) is a tender perennial or subshrub that is often cultivated as an annual due to its short-lived nature. Its exceptional quality lies in its continuous blooming, which persists from the time of planting until the arrival of a hard frost. This plant showcases an abundance of large, blush yellow daisy flowers that blanket its form, creating a truly captivating display. Nestled beneath the shower of blooms, the foliage assembles into an orderly mound of bright green, featuring coarsely divided leaves. With the added benefit of blooming for months without the need for deadheading, Vanilla Butterfly® is a remarkably hassle-free Marguerite that thrives with ease.
While more heat-tolerant than its predecessors, it still flourishes when exposed to cool night temperatures.
- Stature-wise, this Marguerite stands at a height ranging from 18 to 36 inches (45-90 cm), spreading 12 to 20 inches wide (30-50 cm).
- The ideal setting for this plant is full sun, paired with well-drained soils that maintain average moisture levels. It does tolerate light shade, particularly in regions that experience scorching summer temperatures.
- A versatile choice for various garden types, Vanilla Butterfly® can be seamlessly integrated into beds, borders, cityscapes, coastal gardens, cottage gardens, Mediterranean-themed landscapes, or containers.
- To maximize its performance, consider applying compost or fertilizer to garden beds and practicing regular fertilization for potted plants. This proactive approach will help ensure the plant’s optimal development.
- Unlike some other flowering plants, Vanilla Butterfly® doesn’t necessitate deadheading for prolonged bloom. Its continuous display of blossoms persists without intervention.