The Gospel Rose, a variety of shrub rose in Germany, stands out with its deep red wine color, reminiscent of Merlot. This flower has double, delicate petals interwoven with each other, forming large and prominent blooms. The Gospel Rose blooms throughout the year.
The deep red wine hue of the Gospel Rose evokes a sense of mystery and elegance, resembling that of a queen. This flower captivates many hearts, stirring emotions and admiration when beholding its stunning beauty.
Here is a summary of the description and characteristics of the Gospel rose:
- The Gospel rose produces large buds with numerous small petals, forming cup-shaped flowers.
- The flowers are divided into four symmetrical sectors.
- When fully blossomed, the flowers measure up to 12 centimeters in diameter.
- Each flower contains approximately 70 petals, arranged in a spiral pattern.
- The shrub has a diameter of up to 60 centimeters.
- The stem can reach a height of up to one meter.
- Each stem can bear up to five flowers.
- Color Variation:
- The Gospel rose is often referred to as a “chameleon” due to its unique color-changing property.
- The shade of the flowers varies from cherry to deep burgundy or dark purple.
- The color transformation depends on the prevailing weather conditions.
- Gospel roses emit a strong and long-lasting aroma.
- The fragrance combines fruity and honey notes, creating a pleasant scent in the garden.
- Blooming Season:
- Flowers of the Gospel rose appear twice during the season.
- The first blooming occurs, typically, in early summer.
- After a period of rest, the buds bloom again in the second half of July.
- Towards the end of summer, the plant gradually fades.
- The Gospel rose is known for its high resistance to temperature extremes.
- It can withstand temperatures as low as -23 degrees Celsius.
- This variety is also tolerant of drought conditions and can handle abundant watering.
- Gospel roses demonstrate resistance to common diseases, contributing to their overall hardiness.
With its striking appearance, delightful fragrance, and robust resilience, the Gospel rose stands out among other hybrid tea varieties. Its ability to withstand temperature extremes and its low maintenance requirements make it a popular choice for gardeners.